Subject: Re: oh yes

From: [email-masked] (Mark J. Bailey [ADMIN])
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 91 20:49:49 CDT

Hi,

Well, more playing and finally some progress!  :-)

This is my .screenrc:

terminfo ansi G0:hs@:am:LP@:OP

Now, I am not worried about its total accurracy, but I just wanted to show
you what I tried.  I also fixed a screen-25 terminfo entry:

screen-25|VT 100/ANSI X3.64 virtual terminal,
	am, msgr, xon,
	cols#80, it#8, lines#25,
	bel=^G, blink=\E[5m, bold=\E[1m, cbt=\E[Z,
	clear=\E[H\E[J, cr=\r, csr=\E[%i%p1%d;%p2%dr,
	cub=\E[%p1%dD, cub1=\b, cud=\E[%p1%dB, cud1=\n,
	cuf=\E[%p1%dC, cuf1=\E[C, cup=\E[%i%p1%d;%p2%dH,
	cuu=\E[%p1%dA, cuu1=\EM, dl=\E[%p1%dM, dl1=\E[M,
	ed=\E[J, el=\E[K, home=\E[H, ht=\t, hts=\EH,
	il=\E[%p1%dL, il1=\E[L, ind=\n, is2=\E)0, kbs=\b,
	kcub1=\EOD, kcud1=\EOB, kcuf1=\EOC, kcuu1=\EOA,
	kf1=\EOP, kf2=\EOQ, kf3=\EOR, kf4=\EOS, khome=\E?,
	ll=\E[25H, nel=\EE, rc=\E8, rev=\E[7m, ri=\EM,
	rmkx=\E>, rmso=\E[23m, rmul=\E[24m, rs2=\Ec, sc=\E7,
	sgr0=\E[m, smkx=\E=, smso=\E[3m, smul=\E[4m,
	tbc=\E[3g,

And notice for SCO Unix that I added 'am' to the entry for screen-25.  Even
though the external (login shell) type 'ansi' was modified with the .screenrc,
when I added 'am' to the screen window term screen-25, it functioned flawlessly
and I am not sure why.  Anyway, vi and all the others seem to work great 
now.  Next, I need to work on the G0 -> C0 graphics character mappings.  I 
don't fully understand that yet.  Anyway, this should be of help to others
under SCO.  BTW, that copy of the message you got from me that I sent to
Ronald Khoo -- I applied SCO SLS patch xnx141 (for xenix) to fix the bug 
in select() when dealing with pipes, and it solved my problems on xenix.

Mark.

-- 
Mark J. Bailey, N4XHX                              _______/====X11====\_______
USMAIL: 511 Memorial Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN 37129 |         JobSoft         |
VOICE:  +1 615 893 0098                            | Design & Development Co.|
UUCP:   ...!uunet!mjbtn!mjb, ...!raider!mjbtn!mjb  |  Murfreesboro, TN  USA  |
DOMAIN: [email-masked]      CIS: 76314,160  ---------------------------
<KA9Q-UNIX-USERS Mailing List-Subscribe: [email-masked]>